Rome Part Two #RoadTrip #Italy #Girlwhotravels #Rome

 Back in Rome this time we stayed at the Aldrovandi Residence and it was fabulous.  Huge suite with loads of space and a awesome pool/bar.
Time to explore! 
 We were lucky enough to be staying 10 mins (walk) away from the main shopping district and a metro line.  
 Your visit to Rome is not complete without seeing the Trevi Fountain. The fountain was built during the 4th century and took 30 years to build...i am seeing a pattern here, it takes an awfully long time to build anything in Italy.  Only joking the fountain was built from travertine stone which is enormous heavy stone. i believe a few people died building it.   

Following the legend of the fountain i tossed several coins over my shoulder in hopes of coming back to Rome one day!  

The Colosseum was built in 72 AD in the heart of ancient Rome, the Colosseum is the largest theatre in the World.  It can seat 50,000 spectators. 
I'm sad to say that during my time in Rome i was pickpocketed :( we were waiting for the Metro and as the train arrived everyone pushed forward giving the thief the opportunity to pick my hand bag.  They managed to get my purse, lipstick and my husbands Ray Bans but lucky for me my phone was at the bottom.  I cancelled my cards straight away and after reading the horror stories online i consider myself lucky but it still tainted the last leg of our holiday.   

I would say just be vigilant whilst on holiday and keep you bag close to your front. 
As this was our last leg we had a pool day, relaxing before returning home. 

All packed and time to head to the airport...with one final stop at McD's for Ellissa's breakfast!  


No comments:

Post a Comment