Getting more protein into my diet! #protein #lifestyle #blogger #fitness #gymgirl #fitness #gym #girlwholifts #healthy #fitspiration #motivation

So as i said in my last post i am trying to make better choices and get more protein in my diet. 
first off let me start by saying trying to find the right protein is a freaking mind field!!! Seriously why is it so hard?  I spent many nights googling different brands and reading reviews and i finally settled on My Protein.  

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Food is always better than a substitute, if you get a lot of protein from your diet don't add more, natural food is always better for you! 

I wanted this to be a little protein idea post! These are my Instagram posts, check it out for more ideas. 
Protein Pancakes - 
1 egg 
1 banana
 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
 a little vanilla essence 
Protein Shake -
1 scoop of chocolate protein 
200ml milk or almond milk
3 ice cubes
As i keep repeating i like to make better choices and i won't be giving up the sweet stuff , this is why i love Lenny & Larry's complete cookies because i get my sweet fix but they aren't that bad for you.  They come in several different flavours.  up to now i've only tried two, Birthday Cake and Double Chocolate. 
Servings: 1/2 cookie

Macros per 1/2 cookie
190kcal / 8g protein / 27g carbs / 6g fat 
Does not contain
No Cholesterol
No Dairy
No Egg
No High Fructose Corn Syrup 
No Sugar Alcohols
No Trans Fat
Non GMO
Nothing Artificial 
Soy Free
 

Protein balls are a great treat to have made up in your fridge for when you need that sweet snack or you feel peckish, I stole this recipe from Laura Gril Gainz, she has a ton of recipes on her page and the ones i've tried are great...check her out! 
Servings: Makes 10 balls 
Macros per ball: 
77kcal / 5g protein / 6.5g carbs / 3.5g fat 

Ingredients:
30g oats 
40g protein powder of choice (I used cookies and cream flavour but chocolate, white chocolate or vanilla all work well in this recipe) 
35g cashew butter
15g honey
1 tbsp water
1 Hershey Cookies & Cream Bar 

No comments:

Post a Comment