Motivation Monday @fitbit #fintess #healthy

My 2015 New Year’s Resolution is to give up chocolate and move more...simple right!

I’m a comfy size 12/14 and i find it really hard to keep myself motivated, at the gym i will work out until i am tired then i quite, i don’t have the ability to push myself hard so i need all the help i can get!  My friend V first introduced me to Fitbit as she got one for Christmas.  I was intrigued but not sold on it until i watched Katie Hopkins – My Fat Story.  Katies dieters used a fitbit flex in the documentary with successful results. So i thought why not?!?!
I got a really good deal from Curry’s, £20 cheaper in the January sale.

You can imagine my excitement Monday morning when it arrives on my desk; seriously i am 80% geek!  I couldn't resist i ripped the box open so i could set it up.  Turns out i needed to load some software on to my pc but my work pc wouldn't allow it so i had to wait till i got home. :)
When i was home it took all of 5 minutes to set up and i didn't need to use my laptop at all, i downloaded the app on my iPad and iPhone easy!

This is what the dashboard on the iPhone app looks like, it monitors my steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes.  There are more features that I'm yet to use but i will in time.  The food plan is US based which is a pain however you can link your fitbit with my fitness pal, 
I've been using my fitbit flex for a whole week and felt i could write a little about it.  Main questions asked “does it encourage  you move more?” my answer is Yes, i found myself moving around the house more in the evening because i was so close to my goal. I'm not 100% sure of its accuracy but to compensate for that i just upped my steps to 11,000 a day.  “Was it worth the money” again Yes, like i said i managed to get a great deal on my fitbit flex but i would have paid full price because when i stepped on the scales this morning and i had lost 7lbs i was overjoyed. 
As you can see it doesn’t really come with much, two wrist bands small and large, a dongle (which isn't shown here because i left it in my laptop), USB charger wire, & the pedometer.

I bought the black fitbit flex but it comes in several different colours.  I opted for black but I've since purchased a pack of six different colour small wrist bands from Amazon at £19.
Fitbit flex is super easy to use, the app is simple and you have easy access to all the information you need on the go, also the fitbit flex can show you your progress simply by tapping the face twice, the lights flash across the display indicating how far you along you are.
I found the fitbit flex to be surprisingly comfortable to wear and sleep inn, it says you can wear the fitbit flex in the shower but i wouldn't recommend it.

Verdict so far is i really like my fitbit flex, it's showing positive results, i have set myself a goal to achieve 11,000 steps a day for a month, i will do my final weigh on the 5th Febuary and we will see if the fitbit is worth it's money! 

3 comments:

  1. Hey I made it on to your blog.....yippee :)
    How do you link the fitbit to my fitness pal?
    Too complicated with American foods
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hun,

      Remind me to show you Wednesday it is super simple!

      Txx

      Delete
  2. Ooh I've been looking at these thinking about getting one! I was leaning towards leaving it.

    You've made reconsider it that's for sure! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete