Cupcake Wars @CakeBossBuddy @sprinkles #cupcakewars

If you follow me on Instagram you will be aware that I have an addiction with cupcakes.  It all started one typically rainy Sunday afternoon; whilst flicking through the TV channels I came across a Cupcake Wars marathon on the Food Network channel, I instantly loved it, what’s not to love, baking, crazy challenges and fabulous looking cupcakes.  Since then I have been obsessed with all cake shows such as Charm City Cakes, DC Cupcakes & Cake Boss.

Cake Boss
Whilst in NY we came across a “Cake Boss” bakery cafe, it wasn't the original Hoboken, New Jersey Carlo’s Bakery but it was still awesome.  We walked in and it was manic, it was so busy they use a ticket system,  i took a ticket and some of my excitement left me, I was number 148 and it was currently on 83.  Whilst having an internal battle should I wait/should I just leave?  A nice family who had obviously got feed up of waiting gives me their ticket, 110.  Okay so not great but better.  I took the ticket and stood waiting for about 15 minutes.  I needed to try Buddy’s cannoli, they rave about it on the show, it was a must. We purchased some cupcakes, a cannoli and a cookie (Ellissa loves her cookies).



  Look at how amazing they wrap the cakes.



When we got back to the hotel we all tucked in to our spoils.  Buddy’s cupcakes get 10 out of 10, pure sugary, indulgent heaven in every bite.   However the cannoli was okay…it was my first ever cannoli so I don’t really have anything to compare it to but it was nice enough to eat half.   Ellissa swears that it was the best cookie she has ever eaten, even better than Millie’s cookies.  That’s high praise indeed.

So over all Buddy’s gets an overall 9/10

Sprinkles Cupcakes
One of the judges on Cupcake Wars is Candace Nelson owner of Sprinkles Cupcakes.  Over the years I have dreamed about sampling one of her cupcakes but as they are only US based I give up that dream until this year, I was going to New York and not leaving until I tried a Sprinkles cupcake.  

On our first trip we staying in Time Square, we searched for a Sprinkles but was left disappointed
 when we couldn't find one.  

On our return to NY we only had two days so you can imagine my delight that on our last day we were shopping down Lexington Ave and stumbled across Sprinkles.  Needless to say I was extremely excited and rushed across the street to purchase a cake.
 How cute is the shop design, so vibrant and fun.  Getting closer I noticed they also have a cake ATM, how awesome is that!


I decided on the Lemon cupcake which was yummy, I know it looks a little smushed but that’s because I bought the cake at 10am and it spent several hours in my bag whilst we were shopping.

So over all Sprinkles gets an overall 8/10
  

Both cakes were amazing, light & moist the perfect cake, with a rich creamy frosting however if I had to pick one cake it would be Buddy’s cake with Candace’s frosting that would be perfect for me. 

2 comments:

  1. Both look yummy! Shame you didn't got to the Jersey one but I can imagine you'd have been waiting for so much longer!

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy busy, on TV the line is always out of the door. Madness!

      Txx

      Delete