Shoes, Shoes, Shoes!


Yes! I finally found time to read this month’s Vogue, just in time really as next month’s will be on my matt any day now!

I loved the three page article dedicated to shoes; it was a great insight into three stylish & talented women’s views and options and I found I was nodding along at most of what they wrote and it got me thinking.  If you were lucky enough to see/read about the Spring/Summer lines that graced the catwalk last month then you will know that the platform heel is no longer! (Shock, horror!) It seems that kitten heels are taking the fashion world by storm and I have to say I have large reservations!  

Since 1995 and thanks to Carrie Bradshaw I have worn a 3-4inch heel and never looked back, Heels make me feel pretty, confident and well ‘grown up’, I know some people can’t wear them all day but for me that was never a problem, however over the last two years we have seen the rise of the sky scraper platform heel thanks to Mr Louboutin and it took some adjusting on my calve muscles but I have finally mastered an 8 hour work day is towering heels so I’m not too sure how I feel about kitten heels, yes they are cute but will they give me the same confidence that I feel in my heels?


 I’m still on the fence and I will have to wait and see if I’m swallowed up by the trend or I stick to my trusty skinny heel stilettos.


Tracy xx

11 comments:

  1. I hate kitten heels im afraid, love the saying keep your heels and your standards high!!

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love that saying! I thing I will always be a 'high heel' kinda girl!

      Txxx

      Delete
  2. I'm not a fan of kitten heels ha-ha! I prefer furry kittens!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant really walk in heels at all without looking ridiculous and can;t even stand still in them for any length of time so I'm more than happy about the kitten heel trend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kelly,

      Thanks for stopping by, I think heels are a personal preference, not everyone loves them!

      I hope you find some amazing shoes this SS13, keep me posted!

      Txx

      Delete
  4. Kitten heels are easy enough to walk about in.. but they don't really flatter me especially as I'm only just over 5 ft 1...
    But heels in general are a bit of a foot destroyer for me so I could only really do them now and then when going out!
    Saying that.. I do own both! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally see where you are coming from, they both have good and bad points!

      Do you feel more confident in high heels as to flats?

      Txx

      Delete
    2. Probably feel more confident in heels lookswise. But feel more confident to walk about in flats :) xx

      Delete
  5. i like them, but i know they're considered the mullet! hehe following you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, you had me laughing out loud with this analogy, you are so right!

      They are super cute but lack that ...............something I can't put my finger on the word.

      Thanks for the follow, I will check out your site.

      Txx

      Still laughing!!

      Delete