Psyche


Once upon a time……
From an early age I loved designer shops. To me they were magical places where clothes were so special they were treated like art in a museum and displayed like jewels! It was no surprise that when I discovered Psyche I fell in love! Being one of four I had no chance of getting clothes from Psyche until I earned my own money, needless to say I started babysitting 4-5 nights a week and saved every penny, I saved and saved and for me that’s a huge deal as money normally burns a hole in my pocket, but I persevered and finally my day came! Walking to the shop I was so worried that the sales assistance would treat me like Julia Roberts in Pretty Women and be all snobby but they were lovely and very helpful, I walked around the shop touching everything and really taking it all in, it was a great experience and one I will never forget!

Over the years the shop changed sites and has just got better and better, now it’s a four storey shop with the largest footwear and bag display outside of London with over 1,000 shoe and bag options to choose from.  It has some of the world’s most coveted designers such as Ted Baker, Hugo Boss, Paul Smith, Armani, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren, Patrizia Pepe, the list is endless, let’s just say it’s a shop full to the brim of pretty!!

Yesterday I popped in with Ellissa, now the thing with Ellissa is she has been inside shops such as Tiffany’s, Prada, Chanel & Louis Vuitton and is not normally fazed by amazing shops full of fabulous things but even she thought Psyche was fabulous and dare I say it nicer than Louis Vuitton!(gasp!!!) That is high phrase indeed from Ellissa as she loves ‘Loui’ She was really impressed by the live music on arrival, to the sparkly staircase (I think this is what won her over) to the wonderful staff that took my coat and spent 30minutes with me walking around the floor discussing the latest collections and overall treating us like princess.

Our reason for the visit was to take some pictures of the musicians and the shop for my blog but I wanted to share my story with you as I think I may have just given my daughter an experience she will never forget and that in its self is worth its weight in gold.  

Buuuuuuuut no blog is complete without some fabulous pictures so I hope you enjoy them and if you are not local but find yourself in the area visit Psyche and not just for the amazing fashion but for the whole experience.


 Fabulous Music and amazing shoes & handbags!
Pictures taken by Ellissa-Jade Hodgson! (age 10)
Patrizia Pepe Dress,  Ted Baker Dress, Paul Smith Dress

I am in love with these three dresses and really can't decide on what is going to be my Christmas Party dress for 2012. (i love the Ted Baker dress most)
 Tracy xx

2 comments:

  1. Live music and sparkly staircases? And with lovely clothes TOO? That sounds like perfection. :)

    I'm glad your daughter had a lovely time too! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellissa loved the live music, she plays the drums and loves all things musical, She loved it completely, it's one of those things i hope she never forgets.xxx

    Txx

    ReplyDelete